Volunteer with NAMI Monterey County
Volunteers are vital to the success of NAMI Monterey County. From facilitating classes to outreach, advocacy, sharing your story, assisting with events and more, volunteers are the foundation of the organization. If you are interested please contact the volunteer coordinator at (831) 422-6264 or firstname.lastname@example.org OR take a short cut and complete our interest form:
Outreach Assistant – Flexible schedule
- Work with Outreach staff to put together outreach materials; prepare for outreach events; attend outreach/tabling events as back-up. Research outreach opportunities and help keep resource list current.
Advocacy Committee – Project Oriented
- Work with other committee members on special projects and events; help keep track of policy and legislative activity appropriate to NAMI’s interests; share information about NAMI to the community. Currently there is a special focus on the Stepping Up Initiative.
Office Volunteer – can be on-call or established schedule
- Provide back-up office support as needed; phone and office coverage to fill gaps; assist with preparation of program material and maintaining materials.
Hospitality & Events – Flexible depends
- Help with set-up and promotion for special community events.
Speakers Bureau~ Share Your Story – Flexible
- We are looking for a few people who are comfortable and confident speakers who would be willing to share their stories as part of community education/training programs. (2-5 minute talk – at the most).
Volunteer Program – Flexible
- Assist with managing the volunteer program such as database assistance, additional outreach, scheduling, volunteer meetings, follow-up.
- Technology volunteers (website, social media)
- Newsletter – print and digital
Other – Do you have a special skill that isn’t included above? Accounting background, Legal Services, other professional skill or service? Consider serving on the Board of Directors? We want to hear from you.
Contact (831) 422-6264 or email@example.com