Programs and Services
NAMI Monterey County offers a wide variety of programs and resources to support those who work, live, or care for someone with a mental illness.
- NAMI Peer-to-Peer: Is a free, 10-session course designed for any adult experiencing a mental health challenge. The course is designed to encourage growth, healing, and recovery among participants.
- NAMI De Persona a Persona: Es un program educativo, gratuito, para adultos que viven con los retos de un trastorno de salud mental- depresión, ansiedad, bipolar, esquizofrenia, etc. Un curso centrado en la recuperación: brindando respeto, comprensión, motivación y esperanza.
- NAMI Family-to-Family: Is a free,12 session educational course for family, caregivers, friends, and significant others of adults living with mental health challenges. This course helps family members learn more about their loved one’s mental illness and ways to support them. (This course is also offered in Spanish)
- NAMI Familia-a-Familia: Es un programa educativo, gratuito, para los familiares y cuidadores de personas que padecen de enfermedades mentales severas. La clase es una oportunidad para informar a la familia y aprender sobre el trastorno del ser querido. Clases son enseñadas por personas que tienen experiencia personal como familiares.
- NAMI Homefront (offered via NAMI National): Now offered online! NAMI Homefront is a free, 6-session educational program for families, caregivers and friends of military service members and vets with mental health conditions. This course is designed to address the unique needs of family, caregivers and friends of those who have served or are currently serving our country. The program is taught by trained family members of service members/veterans living with mental health conditions. Online classes meet weekly in a virtual classroom, so participants experience the same level of interaction and learning as traditional in-person classes. To register for this online course please click on the link and register with NAMI National.
- NAMI Family Support Group: NAMI Family Support Groups are free, confidential and safe groups of families helping other families who live with mental health challenges. In NAMI Family Support Groups, families join a caring group of individuals helping one another by utilizing their collective lived experiences and learned wisdom. Family members can achieve a renewed sense of hope for their loved one living with mental health challenges.
- Connection Recovery Support Group: A free, peer-led group for adults living with a mental health challenge. Each group is led by trained individuals who have lived experience in mental health.
Programs for Professionals/Community workers:
- NAMI Provider Education: Is a free, 4-hour training developed for the staff of public and private agencies who work with individuals affected by mental health challenges.This course emphasizes a comprehensive understanding of how mental illnesses affect individuals. The class is taught by a team of family members, individuals living with mental health challenges, and one mental health care provider; together these unique perspectives provide professionals a better understanding of what it’s like to live with a mental illness. Professionals also gain a better understanding of how to better support families and clients within their own organization.